Pre-Conference Workshops - Tuesday 2nd April 2019, 09:00-17:00
At these half-day jump-start workshops, you review functionalities, dive deeper into topics, get practical examples, take part in discussions, go through online demonstrations, and determine the business benefits available from SAP. Each workshop provides you with a unique opportunity to address challenges, discuss them with your peers, and gain valuable guidance from some of the most knowledgeable SAP Oil and Gas industry experts.
All workshops take place on Tuesday 2nd April 2019. Please note that you cannot switch between parallel workshops.
SAP S/4HANA® is the next-generation, intelligent ERP suite to enable you to make the most of every opportunity in today's digital world. In this workshop we present the latest developments in SAP S/4HANA for oil and gas companies. We discuss the product scope of SAP S/4HANA and the solution road map specific to the oil and gas industry. We share the patterns and lessons learned from a host of other projects. Focal points of the workshop include:
- SAP S/4HANA – Scope and road map for the oil and gas industry for cloud and on-premise deployments
- Characteristics of the different deployment options
- Essentials of SAP S/4HANA and how to get there
- Project patterns and lessons learned
Market dynamics require oil and gas companies to stay agile while driving down costs and boosting productivity. As companies seek to achieve these objectives, they are already planning next-generation processes based on the latest technology to build intelligent enterprises from new market-based standards.
To achieve immense business value, industrialized and innovative cloud services will be foundational. SAP S/4HANA Cloud forms the digital core of cloud solutions from SAP for the oil and gas industry. Furthermore, SAP is working with a first set of customers to deliver required industrialization features in SAP S/4HANA Cloud, along with innovations, to enable the Intelligent Enterprise for the oil and gas industry.
In this workshop, we discuss the cloud-first approach and portfolio from SAP, the industrialization road map for the digital core with SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and paths to adopt new cloud processes.
In this hands-on workshop, participants assess their organization’s current state, articulate their challenges, and learn how to apply intelligent asset management to improve asset performance and maintenance.
Operating companies need access to different types of data to improve decisions made at the point of work execution. Many oil and gas companies lack a true “connected assets” platform to integrate all needed data sources. They often work around this limitation by performing inspections, gathering information into spreadsheets, and reviewing readings on pumps and valves. But this process is time-consuming and limits their ability to improve performance across productive assets, plants, and rigs. A digital transformation initiative can help companies utilize new advances in predictive maintenance, digital twins, and machine learning to deliver value across the enterprise.
This workshop provides insight on the challenges facing the oil and gas industry in asset management and maintenance. Examples of successful customer initiatives will be discussed to highlight how some companies have started down the path of change and are using technology combined with business process change to optimize operations.
Tailored for the specific needs of the oil and gas industry, topics include:
- Operational integrity and maintenance
- Future state of asset maintenance in the oil and gas industry
- Predictive maintenance, model-driven maintenance, SAP® Asset Intelligence Network, and other digital asset technologies
- Use-case identification sessions on individual company needs
Refining and primary distribution is a critical part of the overall hydrocarbon supply chain. The hydrocarbons produced must be transported, refined into valuable products, and distributed for consumption. The efficient management of hydrocarbon logistics (raw material and finished products) and refining plays a strategic and profitable role in the current trends of the oil and gas industry. It can boost refinery and plant efficiency, balance logistics through skilful matching of supply with demand, and maximize on-time delivery.
This workshop focuses on the key aspects of the digital refinery. It discusses the contribution of the digital refinery to efficient hydrocarbon supply chain planning and scheduling for an intelligent oil and gas enterprise. It talks about how digital refinery and primary distribution offerings from SAP can help make yours a best-run business and covers the following major topics:
- Hydrocarbon bulk logistics – planning, scheduling, and execution
- The concept of the Intelligent Enterprise for the digital refinery
- Unit-based product costing
- Using the SAP Leonardo methodology for IT-OT integration
- Oil and gas use cases using the SAP Leonardo approach
- Best practices and a value proposition
The Intelligent Enterprise enables companies to reimagine entire new business models. In this workshop, we explore how to tackle business challenges in the oil and gas industry by tapping into new technologies, including SAP® Cloud Platform and SAP Leonardo technical capabilities. We articulate the business value of the Intelligent Enterprise, craft an innovation road map to achieve it, and assess your readiness. This is an interactive workshop that produces tangible outcomes.
This workshop includes:
- Group discussion of oil and gas digital use cases, including value share
- Comparison of the digital readiness of the use cases versus their peers
- An overview of SAP Cloud Platform and the SAP Leonardo industry innovation kit for Oil & Gas
- An introduction to the approach and methodology of the innovation factory, with lessons on how to identify and promote digital use cases and business model innovation in your organization
This workshop provides in-depth information on the SAP Model Company service for Oil & Gas. You will learn how the service supports customers to enable their intelligent enterprise by consuming the latest innovations in SAP software and services through SAP Model Company services. Take this opportunity to enjoy these highlights:
- A deep dive into the SAP Model Company service for Oil & Gas
- A hands-on exercise – Using SAP Model Company in a transformation and implementation project
- Overview of the integration of SAP Model Company for Oil & Gas from the implementation and support services of SAP
- Co-innovation – How to get involved as a customer or partner
The fuel retail business is facing significant changes that are leading to new operation and collaboration models in the market across companies and organizations. New digital innovations provide the capability, agility, and flexibility to follow the new industry and market trends that are forming a network economy. The purpose of the workshop is to explain the market trends, including new operational models, new digital innovations, and solutions for the fuel retail market. Topics include:
- Overview of market trends, changes in the service station retail business, and the impact on current business model
- How new digital innovations and cloud solutions support companies with their digital transformation and a look at the solution road map for SAP S/4HANA®
- Joint discussion and feedback
External workers (contractors, contingent labour) have served as a critical workforce segment for the utilities and oil and gas industries for decades. External workers augment full-time employees and make it possible for an enterprise to scale a workforce quickly in response to shifting skill and labour demands. However, their use can also create risks related to worker capabilities, organizational commitment, and workforce alignment and collaboration.
In this session, we discuss external workforce management from both employer and worker perspectives and consider how organizations can optimally manage their total workforce, including contract labour, to foster positive business and worker outcomes. Join this half-day workshop to gain a better understanding of the total workforce management intelligent enterprise scenario advanced by SAP. Learn how intelligent technologies and psychological science are being combined to allow organizations to assemble a more effective and engaged total workforce that is better able and more willing to execute. Address your questions to SAP professionals, listen to insights from your peers, and take away best-practice tips that you can apply to your own operations.
Attend this workshop to:
- Step through the total workforce management intelligent enterprise business process, use interactive exercises to identify your current challenges in the contractor lifecycle, and explore workshop solutions enabled through technology.
- Learn about operational best practices for sourcing, managing, integrating, and motivating an effective external workforce.
- Consider how technology can support more intelligent and effective utilization of a total workforce, including operational workforce planning, employee-contractor integration, time writing, onboarding and offboarding, scheduling, shift planning, workforce safety management, reporting, and analytics.
- Discuss findings and recommendations from the external workforce applied research program at SAP and discuss how to apply these findings to your organization.
- Leave with an operational plan for how to source, manage, and engage your contractor workforce more effectively throughout its lifecycle.