Pre-conference Workshops - April 1, 2020
Full Day Workshops (09:00-17:00)
This full day workshop is designed for experts looking to move their innovative offerings and energy retail business processes to the cloud. This is your chance to hear from SAP experts on the latest cloud innovations from SAP, while sharing your experiences with industry peers. The workshop provides a detailed overview of the SAP Cloud for Utilities solution and strategy. It covers today's capabilities and upcoming solution offerings as well as solution road maps. We also show options for cloud transformation.
Topics this workshop covers:
- Target reference architecture for the SAP Cloud for Utilities solution
- An introduction to the cloud components of the suite
- Guidance on the correct approach to data modelling
- Details of the integration scenarios
- Overview of the metering, billing, invoicing, and revenue management components
Curious about utilities software from SAP? Ever wondered what the SAP for Utilities solution portfolio is but not sure how to find out? Do you work in a specific department at a utilities company and want to know what other departments do? Are you new to the SAP ecosystem and keen to learn more about the SAP for Utilities solutions portfolio? If you want to gain a comprehensive understanding of the entire solution portfolio in one day, then attend this workshop and you will not be disappointed.
- Understand the utilities master data model
- Learn about customer relationship management in utilities, including marketing, sales, and customer service processes
- Find out about meter-to-cash processes - from meter readings and billing to contract accounting
- Get an introduction to the SAP® Energy Data Management application and the SAP Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Integration for Utilities software
- Gain comprehensive insights on enterprise asset management and business analytics for utilities
This one day deep-dive pre-conference workshop will give you an understanding of how SAP S/4HANA® Utilities can positively impact your company. You will get insights on key concepts, scope, as well as the future roadmap. You will also have the opportunity to discuss what needs to be considered technically when moving your IT landscape to SAP S/4HANA. Next to content presentations, the workshop targets to involve the audience into a joint discussion with SAP and in between workshop participants. We will cover SAP S/4HANA application and technology-related topics.
- Latest insight on SAP S/4HANA for the Utilities industry
- SAP Leonardo capabilities such as IoT scenarios, machine learning and predictive maintenance
- How to convert your existing ERP 6.0 to SAP S/4HANA? Technical considerations and efforts
- How to prepare your ERP 6.0 now in order to be ready for a future conversion to SAP S/4HANA?
- Explore customer service scenarios for the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution
- Discover new features of the latest release and planned innovations
- Review the integration with other SAP solutions.
Morning Workshops (09:00-12:30)
Attend this workshop to find out what the next steps are in the journey to the core of the intelligent enterprise based on customer examples. Whether you want to build a new enterprise core, extend it, or transform it to fulfil your business vision, you must define your strategy, make your case, and consider your options before you start building your future. Learn about the tools, methodologies, and services SAP provides to accelerate your journey to SAP S/4HANA as your digital core. Gain insights on how other customers have planned their journey. This workshop gives you the opportunity to:
- Get an overview of the factors driving transformation
- Learn how organizations perceive relevant SAP S/4HANA capabilities and benefits in their digital transformation as a whole
- Review several business cases
- Delve into the various types of implementation approaches and find out how to choose the right one for your organization
- Find out how your peers chose their implementation approach and how they carried it out
- Consider more closely SAP software tools and methodologies that can implement your decision to move to SAP S/4HANA
During this half-day workshop, we give an introduction to an intelligent enterprise for utilities companies powered by machine learning and chatbots. We provide an overview of machine learning and chatbot use cases based on the latest releases of SAP S/4HANA for Utilities and the SAP C/4HANA® suite. Step by step, we showcase how to use the machine learning and chatbot platform to train and build, and include a hands-on demo. In this workshop, you receive:
- An introduction to the technology and how it can be configured and integrated
- A demonstration of how you can utilize the machine learning and chatbot offering within the processes of the SAP S/4HANA Utilities solution
- An overview of how to enhance the customer experience by incorporating these technologies within SAP C/4HANA
Connecting enterprise business processes and the data from assets is a key factor in realizing the benefits of the intelligent enterprise. Asset-intensive industries can considerably increase efficiency by analysing asset data with predictive algorithms and machine learning capabilities. Identifying promising scenarios is, however, a nontrivial challenge.
In this workshop, we jointly investigate the potential of intelligent asset management in the oil and gas and utilities industries. We cover how SAP software supports connected assets, applicable use cases, and implementation case stories. Join us to:
- Gain an overview of SAP's approach towards intelligent asset management
- Explore and investigate predictive maintenance and machine learning scenarios
- Hear customer stories and examples from the oil and gas and utilities industries
- Discuss value drivers and quick deployment and win strategies
- Expand your understanding of the available technology to improve the asset lifecycle
Afternoon Workshops (13:30-17:00)
In this session, we cover the market trends, benefits, and challenges of meter, energy, and water data management and the growing relevance of energy and water data in the utilities industry. We provide information about how SAP software can handle the current and upcoming requirements within this transition area. The workshop focuses on the new cloud solutions, but also guides you through the on-premise software options as well as a combination of both in a hybrid environment.
The session provides comprehensive information about market changes, innovative business models, customer examples, as well as the current and planned SAP software products. You get the latest information about our planned road maps and can watch the most recent system demos of new products, such as the SAP Cloud for Energy solution. Other topics include:
- How you can increase the importance of metered data across all markets and enterprise roles
- Overview of SAP software capabilities that cover meter-related processes in on-premise and cloud environments
- Smart metering: Capabilities, architecture options, and customer examples
- Insights, system demos, and a road map of new cloud-based solutions, for example, SAP Cloud for Energy
Customer experience has become one of the most important factors for utilities companies to consider when adapting to the current market. Integrating customer needs and demands successfully into today's businesses is an essential step when looking to expand beyond commodity energy. Join us for an overview of our SAP C/4HANA solution portfolio tailored to the needs of the industry and take away:
- Insights into the SAP offering in the area of customer experience
- A knowledge-sharing experience with peers
- User stories and best practices as shared by our global customers
- An experience in helping define the future direction and influence of customer experience by providing your input and experiences
In this workshop, you learn about the integrated end-to-end service suite from SAP and how it fits into the digital transformation taking place in the utilities industry. Attend and find out how your customers and field technicians can experience the perfect service moment with the SAP Service Cloud portfolio, especially the SAP Field Service Management solution. Learn about the new service functionality offered by SAP S/4HANA in our digital core.
By the end of the workshop, you will understand how the process flow for an end-to-end service experience is seamlessly integrated between the service front end and the service back end. You will know how you can bring to life perfect service moments for your company. The workshop also covers:
- Design thinking: What are your service moments?
- Service transformation in the utilities industry
- The end-to-end integrated service suite from SAP: 1) Experience the perfect service moments with SAP Service Cloud 2) Understand the seamlessly integrated process flow for an end-to-end service experience between the service front end and the service back end 3) Learn about the new service functionality provided by SAP S/4HANA in our digital core
- End-to-end system demos
- A session where SAP listens: Share what is missing from your point of view
Asset-intensive operations and hazardous processes face increasing pressure to improve management of risks that can compromise safety, cause costly incidents, and jeopardize operational continuity. The SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management application helps organizations go beyond compliance to mitigate environment, health, and safety risks by performing thorough risk assessments, designing effective controls, and communicating safe work practices. Testing these controls, capturing incidents, and learning from events support intelligent change and continuous improvement. This support for integrated operational risk management results in:
- Fewer adverse events
- More proactive safety measures
- Decreased frequency rates of incident, injury, and illness
- Fewer production interruptions caused by incidents or accidents, and lower impact of those interruptions
- Improved overall equipment effectiveness
- Reduced total cost of environment, health, and safety compliance
Registration for Workshops is Now Open!
April 2nd - 3rd, 2020
Confirmed Customer Speakers
What Can You Expect to Hear on the 2020 Agenda?
Cloud for Utilities
SAP Cloud for Utilities can incorporate intelligent technologies and real-time business insights, building extensive capabilities around marketing, service, commerce, product bundling, self-service, fulfillment of complex services and subscription billing. Hear how you can elevate energy transition and customer experiences, enabling your organization to adapt and thrive in times of change.
Are you looking to make the move to SAP S/4HANA by 2025? This year's agenda will cover topics such as project planning, road-mapping, readiness checks, custom code, implementation and future considerations. You will hear from SAP experts and users who will share the do's, don'ts and real-life experience from the latest SAP transformation projects.
In today’s competitive market, it is important to meet customer requirements and align your sales, marketing and service business lines to provide higher client satisfaction. Learn how you can energize relationships and become more consumer-driven by listening and engaging with your customers, personalizing their experience and providing flexible service.
Intelligent Asset Management
SAP’s Intelligent Asset Management (IAM) solutions make use of new technologies like the Internet of Things, machine learning, artificial intelligence and real-time engineering simulations. Explore how SAP’s cloud based IAM solutions play together with the proven SAP solutions for maintenance execution and mobile operations.
SAP Roadmap for Utilities
Explore how SAP’s current, upcoming, and planned innovations help utilities deliver safe, reliable, and sustainable energy products and services. Over three days of content, SAP executives and solution experts will share all you need to know on current release highlights, scheduled upcoming innovations and future development plans.
Find out how utilities are embracing a data-driven intelligent enterprise approach to remain viable in the face of disruption and heightened competition. Why are organizations taking this approach? Optimizing businesses to operate more efficiently, improving safety to protect the health of the public and utility employees and uncovering and developing new business models are the top three drivers.