Join us in the morning of day one of the conference for an indepth exploration of product funtionality in our half day workshops. Dive deeper into specific topics, look at practical examples, take part in discussions, go through live demonstrations, and determine for yourself the business benefits of each solution. Each three hour workshop offers you a unique opportunity to address challenges, discuss them with your peers, and gain valuable guidance from some of the most knowledgeable experts on SAP applications.
We're excited to confirm that this year's workshops will be packed full of practical examples and live customer input and will have a focus interactivity, with the chance to benchmark with your peers via live polling and group discussion.
The following workshops take place between 09:00 and 12:30. Please note that you cannot switch between parallel workshops.
Attend this workshop to gain an understanding of the value you can get from SAP® governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) solutions. Explore how you can embed the latest technology trends – robotic process automation (RPA), blockchain, chatbox, artificial intelligence, and much more – in your risk management and compliance processes. Learn how your business can become an Intelligent Enterprise.
GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) begins the session by presenting its vision of GRC and why it is considering SAP GRC solutions to support different risk management activities. The session includes a demonstration on how GSK is using RPA to reduce human intervention in its GRC processes.
The session will be followed by demonstrations of how SAP software:
- Supports internal controls as well as compliance, enterprise risk management, internal audits, and fraud detection and prevention in an integrated and efficient manner
- Leverages GRC for robotic process automation
- Uses blockchain technology to trace and monitor risks
- Interacts with digital assistants to support business user’s tasks
- Protects your data and meets data protection regulations
Are you currently in the process of reimagining your finance processes and performance management? Join this workshop to better understand how you can embed GRC directly into your finance platform change programme to ensure business strategy success.
In this workshop, we will show how GRC, integrated into your finance processes gives you:
• Focus on risk exposure
• Compliance with regulatory requirements
• Improved performance and efficiency
• Business assurance
Adopt next gen practices to cope with ever-increasing volumes and speed to detect and prevent irregular, illegal, non-compliant activities including financial and non-financial aspects.
This workshop will present several use cases of GRC being embedded in various finance processes, such as Treasury and Financial Close and show the protection of your data as an asset on the balance sheet.
Please see the previous tab for an overview of the pre-conference workshops on offer ahead of the International SAP Conference on Internal Controls, Compliance and Risk Management. These deep-dive sessions offer an introduction to the full SAP® portfolio of solutions and provide a strong foundation for the hot topics coming up on the main conference agenda.
• Next-generation governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) as a key component as you reimagine finance and
move towards the Intelligent Enterprise
• What trends and challenges are GRC functions currently facing and what is to come?
• How can new technologies be leveraged to address those challenges?
• What is a continuous audit and why is it needed?
• How does technology support internal audit activities?
• What are the key challenges in implementing an integrated three lines of defense tool?
• What are the pros and cons of using an integrated tool in internal auditing?
• Where is OYAK Mining Metallurgy Group Internal Audit at the moment; what are the short- and mediumterm
• Addressing the business need for consistent, top-quality assurance
• Partnering with key stakeholders to drive efficiency and standardization
• Deploying SAP Process Control application and leveraging on automation
• Optimizing the internal control program through SAP GRC solutions
• Tips and tricks
• Postmerger internal control challenges: impact, framework, considerations and alignment
• Realignment with other assurance functions
• Rolling out a new internal control framework: challenges, business processes change and tool
• Embedding the framework: training and retraining
• SAP® governance, risk, and compliance solutions (SAP GRC solutions) 12.0 – User experience, embedded
compliance, and further innovations
• SAP GRC solutions in the cloud – an overview
• Intelligence in action – machine learning technical capabilities in the SAP Tax Compliance application
• Innovation road map for SAP GRC solutions – on-premise, cloud, and hybrid
Following the first day of the conference, join us for a night of delicious food, drink & networking in the centre of Barcelona. All delegates are invited to attend our evening reception and we look forward to sharing more details with you soon!
• Learn how robotic process automation (RPA) can be used as the “extended” automation engine of SAP®
governance, risk, and compliance solutions (SAP GRC solutions)
• Learn how SAP GRC solutions can be used to secure your RPA bot accounts
• An illustrative example of how a bot manages control performance by the business
• Operational integration of first and third line of defense (process owners and internal auditors) to
strengthen internal controls while reducing cost by automating manual processing
• Developing automated controls that combine up to five SAP tables and use BRF+ to identify compliance
risks, for example, for an internal one-time vendor policy or for external requirements related to
securitization of receivables
• Using the workflows in the SAP® Process Control application to close the loop between identifying issues
and actually acting on them
• Road map for integrating the SAP Risk Management application (second line of defense) with SAP
• Defining the business case for business integrity screening / continuous monitoring
• Driving the return on investment: the use cases
• Best practices and lessons learned in implementing continuous monitoring
Breakout Session 1
Intelligent IT Solutions for Digital Challenges in Compliance
Breakout Session 2
EY Risk Navigator
• Address cultural changes required by the business; improve business engagement to remediate data
privacy issues across the group
• Improve efficiency of testing processes and control assessments using a set of business rules to help
reduce duplication of effort
• Increase visibility of privacy risks and promote collaboration
• Implement ownership and accountability of controls and issues raised to support the DPO’s corporate
stewardship; allow for effective planning to respond to risks and assess wider operational impacts of
• Achieve audit efficiency and reduce the cost of compliance activities
• What does it mean to be a purpose-led, performance-driven company?
• What are the implications for risk management and internal control?
• What are the key support pillars for DSM’s in-control statement?
• How did DSM strengthen its internal control framework using SAP® governance, risk, and compliance
solutions (SAP GRC solutions)?
• Where is DSM now and what will be its next steps?
• The intelligent enterprise strategy from SAP and heightened importance of GRC
• Why SAP GRC solutions now form part of the digital core with SAP S/4HANA®
• Taking SAP GRC solutions to the next level with artificial intelligence and machine learning
• Embedding compliance within the Intelligent Enterprise